A good friend of mine has a beauty business which, unfortunately for her, located in a hard-to find part of her local area. This has had a detrimental impact on her sales, and has cost visitors to her business time and frustration in getting to appointments. Her's is a business that would benefit from adding directions to her website, helping her visitors find her shop quickly and minimise the impact on lost revenues for her business.
The solution I have recommended to her is to add Google's driving directions to her page. This opens up in a new browser window since the gadget will redirect visitors to Google Maps. It is free, and works well.
Add directions to your site
Here's what to do:
- Go to bit.ly/hS4McH – Google's direction widget home page.
- Click on the 'Add to your webpage' button which will load the configuration page
- Change the default location to the country where your business is based; or to which you will be requiring directions
- Change the language to the preferred language of your visitors
- In the 'End Address' box, put the address where you want to direct people to
- In the 'Start Address' box, type a message to help your visitors get started, eg "Enter your postcode here"
- Customise the look of the gadget by changing the colour and size. Think about where you want it to be, eg sidebar? Choose a border and add a title for the gadget
- Preview your changes. Once you are satisfied, click the'Get the Code' button and copy and paste the code into the webpage you want the gadget to appear on
That's it. Have a look at other ways in which you can make your website useful to your visitors.
Become an ihubbusiness subscriber!
Member benefits include:
Automatic entry into our Business Directory to legitimate subscribers,
our "Getting Started With Internet Marketing" e-book pack delivered to you by email
PLUS An email a day for seven days with tips to help you : Increase traffic to your site,
Increase subscribers and raise the profile of your business:
Get the results you deserve now!
Email Marketing by iContact