If you are only using your email to communicate product updates to your subscribers, you could be missing out on the big 'secret' others have discovered: integrating email with social media is a great way of getting more exposure for your content. Here are some ideas you could try:
1. Highlight your blog posts vie e-mail. Put together a round up of your most visited/read posts and highlight these via email
2.Show excerpts of your latest post only, and ask your readers to click through to read the entire post. Make sure you give the newsletter a really inviting title to encourage your subscribers to want to read on
3.Make sure your e-newsletters incorporate social sharing buttons. Similarly include a link to your e-newsletters on your social media pages
4. Make sure your social media channels have a newsletter opt-in button
5. If you have an e-commerce site, on your "Your purchase was successful" or other confirmation emails to link to your "how to" videos, your "help articles" and so on.
6. Use the sidebar in your e-newsletter to link to all your social media profiles
7. Repurpose your content on your blog for various channels- for example slideshare, video. There are some great fiverr gigs going on this that are worth checking out
How do you integrate your email with social media? We'd love to know- email us!
Image credit www.flickr.com/photos/14clicksnick
Become an ihubbusiness subscriber!
Member benefits include:
Automatic entry into our Business Directory to legitimate subscribers,
our "Getting Started With Internet Marketing" e-book pack delivered to you by email
PLUS An email a day for seven days with tips to help you : Increase traffic to your site,
Increase subscribers and raise the profile of your business:
Get the results you deserve now!
Email Marketing by iContact